Thursday, April 3, 2014

Fitness Friday: Bottoms up!

Today's post is centered on water intake. Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water.


Besides the basic health related benefits and great skin that drinking water offers, many are interested in the role that it plays in weight loss, like myself.


So I have never been much of a water drinker...I don't drink juice or sodas (much) either...I just don't drink :-/ I could literally go all day and only drink maybe 8 ounces of water.

For the longest, I would try to drink a gallon a day, that seemed just impossible I mean WHO can actually do that? Well I am proud to announce that for the past four days I have finally tackled that task!!

LET ME TELL YOU HOW!

1. Buy a jug that you can take anywhere with you!
2.Exercise
3. Feeling hungry? DRINK!!!!

I bought me a 2.2 Liter water jug, and realized that 1.5 jugs would make 1 gallon.So it started with me drinking water first thing upon waking up, before eating anything. I then realized that if I take it with me everywhere I go, I would always have time to drink up! Most of the time I use the excuse of having a life to not being able to drink all day. Well in the car, at a stop light, I chug it....often times, my bladder feels like it is going to burst and I quickly regret that decision....I am still working out the kinks lol. I also noticed that when I exercise that is a gauranteed way to get more water in...so make sure you add exercise into your regimen! Lastly, I realized that whenever my mouth would get watey (salivating) I tend to snack...well I now recognize that as a sign of thirst, so whenever I think of snacking, I drink water instead...all of this has allowed me to get more water in.

So yes drinking more water has made me eat less, not less meals per se, but less snacking in general. Water also makes you feel full...so if you have been drinking water all day and are feeling full, when your mouth gets watery your brain is more likely to recognize that as thirst, opposed to hunger.

This is day 4 for me. I am posing a pro at this, still I am proud of myself, and hope to keep it up! I can say that it is about training your body to do what you want it to do. If you don't want to snack, you will have to fight through some temptations until your body realizes that it isn't going to happen, and the cravings will eventually begin to subside. If you want to drink more water, like me, you may have to force yourself to do so, don't just drink when you "feel" thirsty. A lot of times me misconstrue the signs for thirst to being that of hunger, hence the fact that many of us eat wayyyy more than we drink.

When in reality...we can not live without any water intake for more than a week, while we can make it up to 10 weeks without food, that lets me know that water is pretty important!

Well I just wanted to share with you all this week's fitness milestone!!! YAYY ME!!  Truly trying to convert this weight loss/ team healthy journey into a lifestyle, trying to make it my home!

Thank you all for reading, hope you lovelies have an amazing weekend, and remember...

DRINK UP!
www.longing4length.com" target="_blank">
  
 
  
  http://longing4length.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Fitness-Friday-Badge.png
">
   
   

  

   
   

  


No comments:

Post a Comment