Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Shay's Shea Mix :-)



Ok, so I'm no hair professional and I actually googled different Shea Butter Recipes but when it came down to doing it, I ended up doing my own thing! I did not google or research whether or not these items could be mixed or what may happen if they are lol. I just kinda noted what I liked about each item and made up my own concotion.

1 cup of Pure Shea Butter
1 tblspn of Coconut Oil
1 TBLSPN of EVOO
a dribble of Castor Oil (which coagulated....and I ended up removing)
2 teaspoons of Aloe Vera Juice
1 teaspoon of Shea Butter Body Butter (which after reading the ingredients I regretted adding)

I cowashed my hair as ususal with V05 Clarifying Conditioner.
DC'd with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque for about 2 hours.
ACV Rinse
Silk Elements Megasilk Leave In Condtioner
Lastly applied my Shea Butter Mix and let air dry...

Results???

HAIR FELT LIKE A CLOUD, CHARMINS DOUBLE ROLL, A BABY'S BOTTOM!!!!! FAB!!!

I am using this mix as a sealant...so here are the properties in each ingredient that played a part in my decision.

Shea Butter... Love using as a sealant.

Coconut Oil -has high moisture retaining capacity, since it is not broken down easily nor evaporated, being very stable. It does not let moisture escape thus keeping hair moistened and soft. This prevents breakage of hair. Coconut Oil is a far better conditioner for hair than any synthetic one available in the market.


EVOO- When used on the hair, extra virgin olive oil can nourish, condition and improve the strength and elasticity.
Due to it's ability to penetrate the hair shaft, this rich moisturizing oil can reach the cortex of the hair, allowing the hair to feel conditioned, nourished, and healthy with each use.

Aloe Vera Juice- I love this as a moisturizer....LOVE IT!

Shea Butter Body Blends- I added just to add a hint of their ingredients in it....however; I did not read the label until AFTER I added it...needless to say I was a bit disgisted...alcohol and lanolin (altho Lanolin was like the 2nd to last ingredient)...Still my next batch, I will not be including this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad this worked out for you, I have been trying to find a way to use my African Shea Butter.

    ReplyDelete