When I say recomitting, well I never stopped caring for it, but my once, very detailed, very strict regimen, kinda resolved to a bare minimum do what I feel like doing, when I feel like doing it thing. Which is cool because I am a working wife and mother of 4, yes I stay pretty busy and I don't have 5 or 6 hours to dedicate to my hair....barely have an hour, but I digress.
With all of that being said, I decided to take the time to focus on total hair health, moreso than length and just maintaincing.
So this past wash day was nothing special. I had had a sew in in, for the past month. Took that down, after one month because my scalp was itching like CRAZY!
So anywho....Here goes my wash day experience:
1. Took braids down and finger detailed.
- with Organix Coconut Conditioner
- parting hair in 6 sections bc my new growth is super thick.
- Detangle with conditioner under running water.
- Dollop of Organix Coconut Conditioner
- 1 egg
- 1 jar of baby food : Banana
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- 1 TBS of Honey
- Let sit under plastic cap, with towel wrapped over head for 1 hour.
- 1 part ACV, 2 part water.
- Pour onto scalp, letting it run down the length of my hair.
- Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Part hair in four sections.
- Lightly detangle
- Light Trim
- Apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave in conditioner onto each section, from tip to root.
- Castor Oil
- Liquid Gold Sulfate Growth oil
- Ehhh about 15 plaits/braids
- set on flexi rods
- let sit overnight
- unraveled using Paul Mitchell Super Skinny hair serum.
http://www.savingourstrands.com" title="The Wash Day Experience">http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-rebqA6zfm5o/UzuBV_CE9kI/AAAAAAAACew/2nzmHBwjiZ0/s1600/The+wash+Day+experience+badge+%282%29.jpg