Sunday, June 29, 2014

Starting Over....

Can we have an honesty moment please? If someone were to ask me today, "What is your regimen?" I wouldn't have a clue. I have not carried out a full regimen since my daughter was born. I cowash whenever I need to restyle my hair, but that is it.

I can not tell you the last time that I DC'd (before this last post), moisturizing and sealing....yea I haven't done that in FOREVERRRR, I hadn't even been using a bonnet for crying out loud, I have no idea where my hair care routine went....but it definitely flew out of the window somewhere.

With that being said, of course my hair has taken some blows, so I decided to start over. I straightened my hair and decided to trim it.

Originally I only intended on trimming split ends, but once I got to the back of my hair....I knew that I could not avoid this situation any longer....I had to CHOP



Had a few strands that mananged to reach BSL, but see that gaping holey area in the pic of my hair wet? Yea that really bothered me, felt like it was hindering my hair, so the plan is the reconstruct my regimen and begin again.

My hair is soft, thick, fluffy! I am loving it, and I will probably wear it out for about 2 weeks, before putting it up and going back to PS.

Last time I trimmed my hair like this, it grew back pretty fast using Liquid Gold Sulfur Hair Oil
If you look at the middle picture, you can see that I did not trim that lil area in the middle, it was to short then, I would have been back to SL, so I just toughed it out, let it grow out some before cutting it. I think it is still a little thin area left back there, but I will just do like I did before and let it grow down some before cutting again.

Also, I am undecided on whether I want to transition or not. I am close to 4 months post relaxer, lots of new growth going on, and with the length of my hair there were a lot of tangles, I was debating just cutting the relaxed ends as the new growth came, so that it wouldn't just keep getting longer and more tangled,  but again I am undecided about whether I am ready to make this dream, become a reality or not. So right now I am taking it day by day, and until I make up my mind, no relaxers!

Every time I cut my hair it makes it that much more exciting to watch it grow back!

1 comment:

  1. I love the bluntness and fullness of your chop! The good news is that now you don't have that weight of annoying ends to bother you!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete