The Tension Method, is when you use tension to stretch out your new growth or kinky hair, oppose to blwing out by combing while drying.
- Wash/Cowash your hair
- Detangle under running shower.
- Blot hair dry with towel, or T-shirt dry.
- Section hair in desired amount of sections.
- Hold a section of your hair taut (preferrably a smaller section if using four section, for quicker dry time)
- With the other hand angleyour hand held dryer in the direction the hair is going, if you have a concentration nozzle, it would be great to use it.
I would suggest using warm or cold air settings.
I was impatient and used hot....here are my results:
I pretty much got the results of a "blow out", without the harsh combing and breakage. So I definietly say that it is a winner! Next time I decide to straighten my hair out, this will definitely be my method of drying, simply to limit the heavy manipulation, that comes with blowing out.
Have you tried the Tension Method before? What were your results? What is your method?